Nothing like a Monday. I went to work, jogged two miles, took my first (eeeek!) advanced pathophysiology and physiology exam, and now doing more schoolwork. Nothing too much to complain about over here in the low country. Well, it is raining, but I’m okay with that while I sleep ☺
So, I didn’t technically watch the Grammy’s last night because I was studying and I don’t have cable, but I definitely creeped online at all the outfits. I was totally unimpressed this year. There was SO MUCH black and white. Don’t get me wrong, black is everything, but it’s the Grammy’s!!! Where is the “I’m going to wow them” outfit?!?! Below are pictures of my favorite outfits, and I will definitely give Taylor Swift my vote on best dressed; because I mean, look at those SHOES.
So, after I took my test tonight I was starving. I had been wanting to make these bacon ranch and cheese potatoes that I was inspired to make from Pinterest for a while now, so I finally did it. They were SO GOOD. Not the most healthy food, but man was it comfort food at it’s finest. The recipe I created makes two servings, but I won’t judge you if you eat them both.
Bacon Ranch Cheesy Potatoes
prep time: 6 minutes
cook time: 8-10 minutes (depending on your microwave)
total time: 15-20 minutes
calories: they don’t exist with comfort food
2 small red potatoes
1 Tbl ranch seasoning
1 Tbl butter
2 slices of bacon
1/4 cup cheese (your choice)
1. cut potatoes into bite size cubes.
2. place 1 Tbl butter in the middle of the potatoes in a microwaveable safe dish and microwave for 3 minutes.
3. cut 2 slices of (raw) bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over potatoes and microwave for another 4 minutes (make sure to cover dish).
4. soak up bacon grease with a paper towel, then sprinkle 1 Tbl ranch seasoning over everything and stir, then microwave for another 1 minute.
5. add cheese on top of potatoes (make sure your bacon and potatoes are cooked first) and microwave for another 1-2 minutes.
6. add s&p to your liking.
7. ENJOY!!! (I dipped my tators in a little sour cream, which was really yummy!)
I hope you guys have a great week, and if you make the potatoes let me know what you think!!
remember that you’re worth it!
stay beautiful! xoxo