Thank God it’s Friday! I can’t believe we’ve already been officially in the Fall season for a week! It’s hopefully starting to cool off for good, but it is Charleston, so we’ll see ;/
I hope everyone is having a fabulous morning so far, and has had a good, productive week. I read something earlier this week that has stuck with me everyday and it’s just enjoying the simple thought that God loves me immensely. I have woke up every morning since reading that little phrase of inspiration, and have instantly felt more grateful, more driven to see God, and more humbled to admit my flaws and work towards resolution.
This morning has been fabulous for me! I got to sleep in with no alarm set! I woke up about 8 am, but that is a hang of a lot later than 5 am! I’ve just spent the morning lounging in bed, enjoying some coffee, making breakfast (chicken omelet) , doing some research, and just spending time with God. I plan on going to crossfit at noon today. I looked online at the WOD today, and we have rope climbs, oh joy 😉 After crossfit my plan for the day is to enjoy life today. To me this will most likely entail doing to reading outside, spending time with my family, cooking/baking, and maybe going to see a friend tonight.
Sooooooo, back to the title of this post- things I’m loving lately:
- PUMPKIN! I love fall not only for the crisp mornings, crunchy leaves, beautiful weather, and my birthday, but I love pumpkin everything. I’ve been incorporating pumpkin in whatever I can. Usually I just throw some in my oats, but I’m about to strap on my big girl pannies and try some crazy pumpkin recipes; I know I’ll love them, I really know I will! Also, I am super excited to pick a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch soon; I have some plans underway! I need to go to Target or somewhere to get some pumpkin candles, too!
- Crossfit! Guys, I am so totally in love with crossfit. I wish my work schedule allowed me to do it whenever I wanted, but working 12’s doesn’t give me any leeway on work days. So for now I have been crossfitting about 4 times a week. Tomorrow marks my 3 weeks as being a member of Crossfit Integrity. I really love my box, and the people just make it fabulous. The environment is so intense and honestly it’s like a drug. Every time I leave crossfit I just feel this sense of satisfaction and contentment. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really hard, but the challenge to overcome the fear of failing is pure ecstasy especially when you PR, complete the WOD RX, and make progress. Crossfit is an expensive hobby, but I feel like my sanity, health, and lifestyle deem it favorable to fork out the dough for it. I am so excited to see where crossfit is going to take me!
- Worship! For several weeks now, I have been going downtown every Thursday night to a Presbyterian Cathedral for a worship service from 8-9:30 pm. The atmosphere is enticing. It is SO rare to find JUST worship, so to be able to come sing praise to God, pray, and just lift my hands up in adoration to my Savior, without having to listen to a sermon or feel obligated to participate in something, is AWESOME. The guys that lead this worship really have a heart for God, and I am so excited to be able to have a place to just worship. The songs that they choose to sing have been amazing, also. I want to share a couple verses from some of the songs that have really hit home with me:
- “I’m so unworthy, but still you love me. Forever my heart will sing of how great You are”
- “Ascribing unending praises to the God who reigns on high. How matchless is His power, His glory how divine”
- “His wounds have paid my ransom”
- “Now, I’ll sing freedom for all of my days. It’s only by the power of the cross I’m raised. The King of Glory rescued me”
I am loving so much more than just these three things, but I would say these are my top three. If I wanted to generalize, I would say I’m just loving life, because I truly am. When you live a life that seeks to get closer to God, there really is no choice but to love life. I have experienced the benefits of living my life for Christ, and I can never imagine living without full surrender to Him.
Welllllll, I’m off to crossfit.., then who knows?!?!
stay beautiful! xoxo